Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Convert Ebcidic

Is there a built-in Ebcidic converter in QV? My data source is in Ebcidic, and is relatively un-readable in QV. If there's not a built-in function, is there a simple script that can convert during a load? My load will range around 1-2 million records, so anything too logic-heavy will considerably increase my load time.

Thanks,

Aaron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aaron,

How are you accessing the information? via IBM Driver and directly to Qlik or are you sending it to a RDBMS before qlikview?

In the ibm odbc you can indicate (i believe it was in navigator), to convert the codepage 65535.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aaron,

How are you accessing the information? via IBM Driver and directly to Qlik or are you sending it to a RDBMS before qlikview?

In the ibm odbc you can indicate (i believe it was in navigator), to convert the codepage 65535.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Found it. Thank you.

For some reason, I'm unable to configure the ODBC connection through QlikView, but it has to be done though another application (the first time I used Excel). I couldn't figure out how to get back into the set-up to check that conversion option, so I had to get at it through the IBM System i ODBC Data Source Administrator (which I've never done before).

This has been a great crash-course in database connections.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.