cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

Count if

I have the follwing expression in Qlikview, It works when the [Date Cleared] is text but not when it refers to a collumn.

what its supposed to do is count how many times the date detected is the same as date cleared.

COUNT( {$<[Date Detected]={[Date Cleared]}>} [Fault Status] )

I would appreciate if you could explain where im going wrong as im trying to learn qlikview from an excel background and the above expression is subtly different.

thanks for your help

9 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Try this If([Date Detected]={[Date Cleared],Count([Fault Status] ),'Do something if both are not same ').

Hope it helps you .

Thanks and Regards,

Amuthabharathi.

MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

COUNT( {$<[Date Detected]={"=[Date Detected] =[Date Cleared]"}>} [Fault Status] )

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

if both dates are in the same table, i would do an if statement in the script:

load

if([Date Detected] = [Date Cleared], 1, 0) as xxx

on the frontend you can sum(xxx)

thats the best way in my opinion.

in set analysis it must be the same format (exactly)! maybe that is the reason

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Try with this

COUNT( {$<[Date Detected]={"=[Date Detected]=[Date Cleared]"}>} [Fault Status] )

Not applicable

In Set Analysis Qlikview always compares the text values of the fields, not the numeric value. So when comparing dates make sure you have the same formatting applied to that field, and not compare, say, "1 Jan 2013" with "01/01/2013"

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

there nust be someting wrong with my formatting as it gives the correct figures for 2 days in the month but for the life of me i dont know. I have used the format printer in excel to make sure everyhting is exactly the same and nothing

Not applicable

first stable the format of the dates, they might be in character format

use LEFT, RIGHT, MID to divide the whole string then by using MAKEDATE create the date then use it in the expression

hope it solve ur problem.......

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

I continued to play with all the expressions given and this eventually worked for me.

( {$<[Fault Id]={"=[Date Detected]=[Date Cleared]"}>} [Fault Id] )

can someone confirm that I understand this correctly, its saying count [Fault Id] if [Date Detected] =[Date Cleared].

I havnt a clue what the last [Fault Id] is for or what the <> are for.

thanks for all the help guys

Not applicable

Hey,

Both the fields need to be converted to date format and try using the below formula:

count({<[Date Detected]={"=$([Date Cleared])"}>}[Fault Status])

Regards,

Basil