Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitians
Creator III
Creator III

Count of a dimension in certain period??

Hello Everyone,

Each supergroup has certain number of brands which is  a dimension this is data about brands launched in a certain period, i have a requiremnt that i need to show the count......when i use count(distinct brand) it shows total brand count irrespective of date so i need the count in that particular launch period.....

I have two variables vStartDate and vEndDate using which in expression i am able to sort launch date..

I am attaching the excel file which has format for the report...

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Something like:

count({<launchDate = {">='$(vStartDate)' <='$(vEndDate)'"}>} distinct brand)

(assuming vStartDate and vEndDate are date fields with the same date format as the launch date field).

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rohitians
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,

count({< SKU_Launch_Date ={'>=$(=Date(vStartDate))<=$(=Date(vEndDate))'} distinct (BRAND))

I had tried thi earlier but it isnt working...

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

if you create a text box and enter the exact text =vStartDate, does it display a date in the same format as the SKU_Launch_Date field? If yes, then my post should work for you. If it displays as a number, then your approach should work. If it displays as an expression, then you need to define the variable with a leading = sign.

Otherwise, I suggest that you post a sample of your document.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rohitians
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sample Data ..

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I meant your qvw document, rather than the source data

Jonathan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find attached application.