Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create straight table in QlikView script

I want to take this:

id.png

and count each respective distinct key, per key in the YearEventKey table, in a separate table... like this straight table output:

key.png

but I want to do it in the script. I need to be able to add this information to another table while the script is run. Is there a way I can get the distinct keys counted like the straight table but without having to export it as excel and re-import it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

It looks like that table already exists in your script.  Let's pretend it is called Table1:

Try something like this in your script:

Load

YearEventKey as YearEventKey_Grouping

, count(ID) as CountOfEach
Resident

Table1
GROUP

BY

YearEventKey;

This should create a table in your script with the YearEventKey_Grouping column, then a count column (CountOfEach)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

It looks like that table already exists in your script.  Let's pretend it is called Table1:

Try something like this in your script:

Load

YearEventKey as YearEventKey_Grouping

, count(ID) as CountOfEach
Resident

Table1
GROUP

BY

YearEventKey;

This should create a table in your script with the YearEventKey_Grouping column, then a count column (CountOfEach)

Not applicable
Author

Amazing. It Worked perfectly. Thank you very much. For some reason I didn’t think of counting inside the load script. Much Appreciated.