Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating Headers in Script

Hi,

I'm creating a new report. i got given raw Data in the form of an excel spreadsheet, i dont have a problem bringng in the Data, the only problem is there are no Headers in the Excel Spread Sheet, i have the header names and could put them in every time they send me an updated version of the spread sheet but i want to make it so that i dont have to do that if u know what i mean. is there a formula in the Qlikview script that allows me to bring in the Headers and some how link them to their related collumns without me manually inserting the headers into the excel spread sheet every week?? Hope that made sense..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When you load the excel sheet in the script using the Table load wizard, pick Explicit lables and they will be called @1, @2 etc. Then you can just rename these however you like and the next time you load the document, column 1 will still be called whatever you decided to rename @1 as.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When you load the excel sheet in the script using the Table load wizard, pick Explicit lables and they will be called @1, @2 etc. Then you can just rename these however you like and the next time you load the document, column 1 will still be called whatever you decided to rename @1 as.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I am aware of that method but what i'm asking is if i can insert a formula with those headers in the script that will automatically name those collumns so i dont have to keep inserting them manually?? But thank you anyway!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Ya i've just done that, works fine, thanks alot for the help...