Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Creating MACRO in Qlikview

Hi..All,

Anybody help me to understand MACRO, actually i'm going to create a Macro in QlikView to create "qvd" files for Qlik Sense Server data upload.

Please guide me that how can i start working on this.

Regard's

Sarvesh Srivastava

30 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

ok

sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Please find attached files.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are the company you work for a Qlik partner or Qlik customer?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The load script of these files are nearly identical. Just the names of depots are different. So actually it would be easier to maintain one application with all four old applications ...

sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

My company is Qlik customer.

sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

How can i make it possible ??

Anil_Babu_Samineni

His respond meaning is

You can do the same thing in single file with Four loads of sources. So, Actually you have the file with four old applications. That is bit make sense to show single application instead of four. Here, You could follow the same and then either use QVC(Components) or Binary load with new file to single application(Single means those four old applications into one)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Any comment..

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I thought that switching from QlikView Personal Edition to Qlik Sense Desktop might be a smart move. The load script can be used almost unaltered on Qlik Sense and it can generate the QVDs you need. I can give you a suggestion on how to do it if it seems sensible to you.

sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Could you give me that complete script.