Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Creating addition Expression in Pivot table independent of Year Dimension

Hello All,

Is it possible to create an addition field (expression) in a pivot table which should be independent of Year dimension But my Sale expression should be dependent on my Year dimension.

I have dragged my Year dimension to the top as usual. Cross table is something i don't want to do, since i will have to change the entire structure.

Output required:

USER1-JanFeb-15Mar-15TOTALNew ValueDifference
A20231255New ExpressionNew Value - Total
B21323285New ExpressionNew Value - Total
C22224387New ExpressionNew Value - Total

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
4 Replies
Not applicable

You can create separate expressions for you year-depended columns using set expressions.

so it will be something like sum({<year = {'1-Jan'}>}sales) for 1 expression, sum(sales) for forth (total), then just expression(..) and the last one expression(..) - sum(sales)

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Alexandra,

Sorry i missed to tell that i am using rolling 12 month expression so i don't want to hard code the expression to a particular Year.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable

well if this is not a table that you are sending to excel but just show in a dashboadr, you can simply create the second straight table without showing the dimention column and with 3 expressions (total + 2 new) and simple put near the first table

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Alexandra,

Even I am doing the same thing, but while sending the reports through Nprinting the tables are getting misplaced and its clear over there.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC