Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mparker123
Creator
Creator

Current Month

Hello All,

I am trying to create two separate straight tables; one showing projects started this month and the second showing projects completed this month. The way I would like to determine this is through the fields EPIC_STATUS, EPIC_START_DATE, EPIC_SUMMARY, PROJECT_NAME, and EPIC_DUE_DATE.

For projects that started in this month I figured the epic_start_date would be the filed to reference. A written statement would be as follows:

If(EPIC_START_DATE = current month and EPIC_STATUS -=  NOT REQUIRED and PROJECT_NAME -= PMO IMS PIPELINE, then EPIC_SUMMARY).

For projects that are completed in this month I figured the epic_due_date or epic_status would be the field to reference. A written statement would be as follows: If(EPIC_DUE_DATE = current month and EPIC_STATUS -= NOT REQUIRED and EPIC_STATUS = DONE, and PROJECT_NAME -= PMO IMS PIPELINE, EPIC_SUMMARY).

Now I know know I used and if statement but if this doesn't work and some set analysis would I will use that instead.

I would like to make this Dynamic too, so as the months go by it will auto correct itself to the current month.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mparker123
Creator
Creator
Author

Here is what worked:

=if(epic_cf_start_date >=MonthStart(Today()) and epic_cf_start_date <=MonthEnd(Today()) and DEPT='44840' and project_name<>'PMO Test' and project_name<>'PMO IMS Pipeline' and epic_status<>'Done' and epic_status<>'Not Required', epic_cf_start_date)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share some more information about your date formats of your date fields. May be try like below. change the aggr function accordingly. Also can you let us know your dimensions and expression used in our straight table.

= Only({< EPIC_DUE_DATE = {"=$(= Date(Max(EPIC_START_DATE)))"}, EPIC_STATUS = {'DONE'},PROJECT_NAME -= {'PMO IMS PIPELINE'} >} EPIC_SUMMARY)

= Only({< EPIC_START_DATE = {"=$(= Date(Max(EPIC_START_DATE))"}, EPIC_STATUS -=  {'NOT REQUIRED'}, PROJECT_NAME -= {'PMO IMS PIPELINE'} >} EPIC_SUMMARY)

MK9885
Master II
Master II

For current month use flag and to compare months use alternate states with different month filters.

mparker123
Creator
Creator
Author

Here is what worked:

=if(epic_cf_start_date >=MonthStart(Today()) and epic_cf_start_date <=MonthEnd(Today()) and DEPT='44840' and project_name<>'PMO Test' and project_name<>'PMO IMS Pipeline' and epic_status<>'Done' and epic_status<>'Not Required', epic_cf_start_date)