cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Custom Listbox Sorting

Hello, I have a listbox with values for different Student Grade Levels. I want the listbox to be sorted like below:

scrshot_7-18-2017.PNG

I've gotten this sort order by adding a new value to the same table called [Grade Sort] which has a value of 1 for Pre-Kindergarten Half-Day, 2 for Pre-Kindergarten Full-Day, etc. Then on the sort tab of the listbox properties I put this field in the Expression box:

scrshot2_7-18-2017.PNG

Note: the actual value isn't called [Grade Sort] which is why QlikView is marking it as an incorrect field.

The problem that I am having is whenever I select a value in the list box, the order gets completely screwed up like this:

scrshot3_7-18-2017.PNG

I want Grade 5 to be at the top because it is the current selection, but the other values should be in the original order. Can anyone explain to me why this is happening and how I can get my desired result?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Danny,

Try as your sort expression:

=min({1}[Grade Sort])

Good luck

Andrew

View solution in original post

4 Replies
effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Danny,

Try as your sort expression:

=min({1}[Grade Sort])

Good luck

Andrew

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Danny,

What font are you using in your listbox? I like it.

cheers

Andrew

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the help!

It is HelveticaNeueLTStd57Condensed. I don't know where you would be able to get it though.

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi danny,

I'm a big fan of Helvetica - this is one I didn't recognise as one of the Helvetica family at all but was rather taken by it, nice and compact.

Thanks

Andrew