Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom authentication

I want to use custom authentication with Section access.Can it be used with regular document level authentication with a username and password? Because I can only get into the file when it's on the server and I can edit files which are opened via server. I may need to fake being a custom user when logging in to the document. Is there a way to do that?

Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

your using NTNAME ? if so then your system username show match with the network username then only you can edit it otherwise its not possible because Qlikview will read it from network.

Their is one more way to achieve it.

load one more file to section access with your system username as NTNAME so when ever you try to open it in the system it will read your system name and allow you to edit 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
avinashelite

Hi Amit,

Use Section access, create a excel based username and password list and load the data to excel so that it will be easier  for you to maintain  the access.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks your reply but I want to know if section access can be a combination of custom authenticated users and other users that would need to put a username and password to open the document?

Right now I am able to implement section access with only custom authenticated users but how do I go about editing the document if I can't open it on my desktop Qlikview to make changes to it because I can only be authenticated when opening the document via Access Point.

Hopefully the above clarifies my inquiry.

Thank you,

Amit

avinashelite

your using NTNAME ? if so then your system username show match with the network username then only you can edit it otherwise its not possible because Qlikview will read it from network.

Their is one more way to achieve it.

load one more file to section access with your system username as NTNAME so when ever you try to open it in the system it will read your system name and allow you to edit 

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion. This partially solved my problem.

Now I have both a CUSTOM and a system entry in my section access but for some reason the custom one stopped working and the system username is working. Can't we have 2 admins for section access?

avinashelite

We can have 2 admins.....

Does your CUSTOM and System username are same???

can you please share your section access code so that i can see if their is any issue

Not applicable
Author

Hey Avinash,

Your solution works great. Regarding the last issue I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong. I was still loading the old file as opposed to the new file with the new section access.

On the same note, do you know how I can set up the server to reload data daily with the section access? I need to put a username and password there to do that.

Not applicable
Author

Actually ignore the above. I was able to figure this out by searching the Qlik Community.

Thanks for your help Avinash it was really precious today!

avinashelite

Your always welcome with any questions Amit