Not applicable

Data Discovery and its use in qlikview?

Why do we use data discovery

What is it?

Why do we use data discovery?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

As i know, I recently got one task which is related DB to Qlikview. This is not a tool off course this is a part of Qlik

Let me explain, Assume if you have DB which has images field that field has images and then each image might be has 4GB / 6 GB. In that case, We will use direct discovery (Data Discovery).

Even if we have that much of size images. Yes, we can fetch those images into Qlikview by using Bundle load with info function in qlikview

So, Now performance not good at all even if you have good RAM & CPU config.

That scenario, Qlikview released Direct Discovery (Data Discovery) to reduce time to fetch large number of Data source if even we have 6 GB + Images Data

That case, we are using simple direct discovery and this is good to practice and well future. Now, Qlik guys concentrate more on Qliksense with Direct Discovery they might come back to Qlikview after qliksense is donw and growing well

Example and Syntax should be this

[Direct Discovery]:

Dimension // Simple Dimensions what ever you getting from Data source

Dim1

Dim2

Measure // Metrics with aggregation functions

Sum(Sales)

Images

Detail // Compiste key for one primary to Foreign key

DateField

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

As i know, I recently got one task which is related DB to Qlikview. This is not a tool off course this is a part of Qlik

Let me explain, Assume if you have DB which has images field that field has images and then each image might be has 4GB / 6 GB. In that case, We will use direct discovery (Data Discovery).

Even if we have that much of size images. Yes, we can fetch those images into Qlikview by using Bundle load with info function in qlikview

So, Now performance not good at all even if you have good RAM & CPU config.

That scenario, Qlikview released Direct Discovery (Data Discovery) to reduce time to fetch large number of Data source if even we have 6 GB + Images Data

That case, we are using simple direct discovery and this is good to practice and well future. Now, Qlik guys concentrate more on Qliksense with Direct Discovery they might come back to Qlikview after qliksense is donw and growing well

Example and Syntax should be this

[Direct Discovery]:

Dimension // Simple Dimensions what ever you getting from Data source

Dim1

Dim2

Measure // Metrics with aggregation functions

Sum(Sales)

Images

Detail // Compiste key for one primary to Foreign key

DateField

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful