Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Load into QlikView - Large Excel File

Hi,

Being a new user to QlikView, I'm trying to figure out if I can load data into QVD from a large Excel file (~250 MB) as a table file.

Currently, I get an error every time I try to achieve this. I have QlikView 11 installed on a PC.

What I'm doing is:

1) Open up the Edit Script window

2) Click Table Files

3) Double-click the Excel file (the one which is ~250 MB) - The file has only one tab/sheet. So QlikView tries to load it in as a single table

After the 3rd step, QlikView can't open the file and gives out an ERROR message.

Please let me know how I can resolve this. If I can use a different method to load in this Excel file.

Thanks in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

What is the Error which you are getting.

Other way you can try is, to convert or save the excel file as CSV and then try to load that CSV file.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

What is the Error which you are getting.

Other way you can try is, to convert or save the excel file as CSV and then try to load that CSV file.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik! When I converted the Excel file to .CSV, I had no problem loading in the data.

Very much appreciated.