Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data View Restriction

Hi All,

I have a database in which there are many sales persons with numeric values i.e Sales Person 000001, 000002, 000003 etc. I need a hint that how can I make log in for them and how to distribute data to them individually, suppose of Sales Person 000001 logs in and he should only see his data only. What is the solution. Any PDF or document containing procedure of afore mentioned problem shall higly be appriciated.

Regards,

Khalid

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Attached pdf will demonstrate, how to use data protection in qlikview. Have a look at the pdf.

Hope this will help you.

- Peterson

Not applicable
Author

Oops Missed the attachment.

- Peterson

Not applicable
Author

PDF is very useful ,Thank a Lot Peterson, much appriciated.

Warm Regards,

Khalid

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peterson,

I need your help, actually i am a Siebel Analytics developer but now my company has directed me to learn QlikView so need your help little bit, yesterday your PDF was very useful and I applied the concepts on application, but now I am working on Alerts, i know how to make Ibots and Alerts on Dashboard in Siebel Analytics but in Qlikview i am a beginner since 2 weeks, please to attach a PDF regarding Alerts if you have.

Many Thanks,

Regards,

Khalid, id mohammad_khalid@live.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Khalid,

Regarding alerts in qlikview, i dnt have anydocumentation. you can use qlikview help or refeence manual for further refrences.

You can go throught the below link and hope this may help you.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewblogs/archive/2009/11/20/using-alerts-in-qlikview.aspx

- Perterson

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peterson,

The PDF which was given by you, I applied 2.4 The User database example successfully, now I have issue that I want to show login user ID on my Alert message and e-mail. Please guide me how can I perform this and How can I get User ID value.

My Alert message is shown properly.

Regards,

Khalid

Not applicable
Author

Hi Khalid

There is a function called osuser. I think from which you can take person id. In section access, there is another option NTname. You can use that also.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Khalid

There is a function called osuser. I think from which you can take person id. In section access, there is another option NTname. You can use that also.