Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksasidhars
Creator
Creator

Data load issue - XL generated by Data Query

Hi,

I'm using XL as datasource. I'm using web query to generate the XL. I've a column 'Details' which is spanning across multiple rows. All the remaining columns take only one row. After I load the XL, I observe that only row-1 of the 'Details' field got loaded, leaving all other rows.

Is there a way to load the 'Details' fully, without missing the info. Let me provide the below example -

XL#    Num# Name        Details

----     -------- --------------- ------------

1       1       A              Listed in Open Items.

2                                Created Last Year.

4                               Closed Yesterday.

5       2       B             Listed in Closed Items.

6                               Created Last Week.

8                               Resolved Yesterday.

If we cosider the above as my XL data. I want only two rows created in qlik view without loosing any details information.

Please let me know if you come across any solution for the same. Thanks

-Sasi

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hello Sasi,

I created a textfile with your sample data and used it as a source-table. See attached qvw for scripting details.

HtH

Roland

ksasidhars
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Roland,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I tried to implement the same logic for my XL datasource without success. I think it may work for a fixed width file, somehow not worked for me. It would really be great if you could give me an example for a general XL file load scenario.

But truly, its really awesome coding. Thanks for your time.  - Sasi

Not applicable

Hi Sasi,

sorry, I do not have a general solution for a XLsource. As you can image, most parts of any solution depend on little tricky details. So if you got a special question to solve, don't hesitate to post it. Best way is to post it with an  example (or even better: with an attached exam-application)

So long

Roland