Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajendras
Contributor III
Contributor III

DataBase Doudt

Hi,

I am using Oracle data base tables as a source to my qlikview application. As qlikview is inbuilt memory the data stored in RAM. When we refresh the report, report fetches the data from data source or RAM data. When database is updated on daily basis is RAM data also resembles the same data?.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

3 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Qlikview will fetch the data only  when a reload happens i.e is at that point of time only , it will get connected to database and fetch the data and keep it in-Memory.

And Its not possible to load data when source data get changed, but you can schedule data reloading on time base, like every data, every hour. and so on.

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, QlikView only fetch data from datasource when the document is reloading. If you wanna reload data when data has changed you have to use EDX.

Regards!

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Have you read about 2 tier and 3 tier architecture?????

read blog regarding 2 tier and 3 tier architecture in qlikview.

search on community for that architecture.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂