Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shan_sriv
Contributor II
Contributor II

Date Calculation in Set Analysis

Dear Experts,

I want to calculate Sum of Sales for Previous Year Q2 which is 01-Apr-2017 to 30-Jun-2017.

In data source I have column OrderDateTime which is having date and time like "01/01/2017 11:57:00". From this column I have created a new column OrderDate which is having only dates in DD/MM/YYYY format.

For above requirement I tried following Set Analysis expression but I am getting 0 as output :

=Sum({<OrderDate = {">=Date(AddYears(QuarterStart(YearStart(Today()),1),-1),'DD/MM/YYYY') <= Date(MonthEnd(AddYears(QuarterEnd(YearStart(Today()),1),-1)),'DD/MM/YYYY') "}>}Sales)

Could you please help me in correcting this expression ?

Thanks & Regards,

Shantanu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Shantanu, try adding a dollar-expansion to set analysis, also maybe needs to ignore other selected values like Year:

=Sum({<OrderDate = {">$(=Date(AddYears(QuarterStart(YearStart(Today()),1),-1),'DD/MM/YYYY'))<= $(=Date(MonthEnd(AddYears(QuarterEnd(YearStart(Today()),1),-1)),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, YearField>}Sales)

Using a numeric date field in set analysis can help to avoid format issues, the numeric field can be created as:

Num(OrderDate) as NumDate

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Shantanu, try adding a dollar-expansion to set analysis, also maybe needs to ignore other selected values like Year:

=Sum({<OrderDate = {">$(=Date(AddYears(QuarterStart(YearStart(Today()),1),-1),'DD/MM/YYYY'))<= $(=Date(MonthEnd(AddYears(QuarterEnd(YearStart(Today()),1),-1)),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, YearField>}Sales)

Using a numeric date field in set analysis can help to avoid format issues, the numeric field can be created as:

Num(OrderDate) as NumDate

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

try this (you were missing the red parts):

=Sum({<OrderDate = {">=$(=Date(AddYears(QuarterStart(YearStart(Today()),1),-1),'DD/MM/YYYY')) <= $(=Date(MonthEnd(AddYears(QuarterEnd(YearStart(Today()),1),-1)),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}Sales)

shan_sriv
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot for your help Ruben.

rubenmarin

You are welcome.

Check if it should be:

=Sum({<OrderDate = {">=$(=Date(AddYears(QuarterStart(YearStart(Today()),1),-1),'DD/MM/YYYY'))<= $(=Date(MonthEnd(AddYears(QuarterEnd(YearStart(Today()),1),-1)),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, YearField>}Sales)

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

keep in mind that with this, DAY 01/04/2017 will not be counted, so try to verify if you need it and so add this > to Ruben's expression