I'm facing a strange problem not able to troubleshoot it where the mistake is.
In my dashboard i'm showing last three years in list box, under that showing calendar objects from selecting the data range.
My requirement is in on active sheet max year should select in listbox and in the From calendar, Date(Yearstart(Max(Date_Field))) to be selected and in the To Calendar Date(Addmonths(Max(Date_Field),0)) need to select .
If i select 2014 , the calendar object should change from 01/01.2014 to 31/12/2014 dynamically.
The above one i achieved. The problem is , the above task i achieved in my personal desktop. When i'm trying to do the same thing in the client's server it's not working. Each and every variable i did a copy & paste. But, it's not working.
Qlikview i'm using personally is 11.20 SR10
My Clients Qlikview is 11.20 SR5
Is this the problem?or anything.Please suggest me .
Ah I see, so you select a year from the list box and the calendar should pick up the to and from dates from that selection? I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work - can you post your qvw?
Also no - it's not incorrect, but you're using addmonths with a parameter of 0 - i.e. not adding anything, so why use it anyway? The Max() function should be enough to pick up the last date within the year.
From what I can see, the issue is in your sheet triggers.
You've got variables that you're passing the values to (vApprStartDate and vApprEndDate) but the trigger you've selected is "Select in Field" - these are variables not fields, so you need to create two 'Set Variable' triggers from the external action type, and enter the value you have there.
Doing that passes the right values to the calendar, and therefore applying it selects the correct range of data.
No - there are no triggers for it in the SR11 app at all, at least in the one you sent me. In the SR5 one they're incorrect triggers so they won't work. Neither are altering the calendars. I changed the SR5 one to set variable triggers and it worked. I've tested that app in SR10 and SR7 (the only two versions I have) and both worked fine. I seriously doubt it's a SR issue, I'd check that those triggers are correct and the same in both your apps first.