Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breukelaarj
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Date range selection

I hope someone can point me in the right direction for a solution to my problem.

I have contract information in my dashboard. A contract has a start and end date. From the start and end date I can generate two calendars. So I am able to select contract that end in a certain month or year and same for startdate.

What I need and cannot figure out is how to allow an input from - to on the end date. Meaning if 'end from' = 1/1/2012 and 'end to' = 12/31/2012 I would like to see all contracts that have their enddate between 1st of January and 31st of December.

I prefere a tablegrid  to show those contracts. I would rather not use a chart given the amount of dimensions, but any pointer would be nice.

I myself was thinking to create a table with possible years, months, weeks, days for a contract as valid end date selection between the start and the end date, but that would result in quite the dataset.

Regards

Johan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this video tutorial helps: Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this video tutorial helps: Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
breukelaarj
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi,

Yes I did see that and other examples. I do realize that in the above I forgot to mention the big issue.

If my contract starts 1/1/2012 and ends 12/312/2016 then it is a valid open contract in the year 2013. So if the selection 1st of January 2013 is made till 31st of December 2013, then obviously the end date of my contracts does not fall in that range but as that range is between start and end date I want it displayed.

breukelaarj
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Actually I was wrong. The tutorial video helped, I just needed to alter it a bit to my own situation to work with two dates instead of one date.