Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crystles
Partner
Partner

Date variable showing incorrect date after script loaded

I am trying to create a dynamic formula to subtract two dates and get the number of days between them. One date is static, and one is the current date.

I have tried just subtracting them and that gives me a number over 40,000. Which is incorrect.

So now I am trying to create the dates in the load script as variables and just subtract the variables. It looked like it was working,  but when I looked at the Variable in the Settings->Variable Overview, it showed a completely different date.

Here is the code in my script.

Let vCurrentTodayDate = Date(Today(0), 'MM-DD-YYYY');
Let vAnnualizedDate = Date(01-02-2016, 'MM-DD-YYYY');

In the variable overview, it has the correct date of today for the first variable (01-20-2016)

But the second variable is showing another date then the one entered in the script (06-22-1894) I'm not sure why it's showing me a number from 1894?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be put the date within single quotes:

Let vAnnualizedDate = Date('01-02-2016', 'MM-DD-YYYY');

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be put the date within single quotes:

View solution in original post

settu_periasamy

sunindia‌  small correction ('#' is missing)

Let vAnnualizedDate = Date#('01-02-2016', 'MM-DD-YYYY');  //This will give date number

Let vAnnualizedDate = Date(Date#('01-02-2016', 'MM-DD-YYYY')); //This will give date

sunny_talwar

Wouldn't Date#() depend on the fact what is used in the SET DateFormat?

If it is set as MM-DD-YYYY, the wouldn't it automatically read it '01-02-2016 as date? I was the under the impression it would, but I might be wrong here

I am going to test it now

sunny_talwar

This seems to work:

SET DateFormat='MM-DD-YYYY';

LET vAnnualizedDate = Date('01-02-2016', 'MM-DD-YYYY');

Capture.PNG

Not applicable

If the variable return 1894 means, there something missing on the variable. Because you didn't add the single quotes so it takes 1 as value for variable and return respective date.

settu_periasamy

Agreed. SET DateFormat doesn't came in my mind. sorry about that.  🙂

sunny_talwar

But you were right, I simply assumed the SET DateFormat to be MM-DD-YYYY.

crystles
Partner
Partner
Author

Thank you for explaining why it was giving me such a strange date. That makes sense now.

crystles
Partner
Partner
Author

I knew it had to be something simple I was missing. I added the single quotes around my date and it worked perfectly.

Thank you!