Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Day Start Expression

Hi,

Normally a moth will have 30 days or 31 days, for feb [28/29] , and Year will start from 1/Jan/20**, ..

but in my case Year will start from 27/Agu/20**. and moth will hav 28 days only, for this how can I get start date ,End date of every month.

Thanks,

John

5 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Many of the date functions has an offset parameter that should work for you. And the month calculation should be simple divisions and multiplications with 28.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Petter Skjoiden.

avinashelite

Hi John,

try to build your own custom calendar and define the start date and end , interval range you require

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Abvinash R,  I tried with inbuilt Qlikview date functions vmindate= Makedate(2012,08,27),

vMaxdate= today()

I have generated a calendar by using those two variables , now I have first dat as 27/Aug/2012

if I applied Monthstart I am getting 01/Aug/2012 , but I don't want it I want to see 27/Aug/2012 AS my month start value. is there a way to get it.

Regards

John

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Hi John

Since your requirement is much different to the standard calendar, I think you will have to use workarounds as follows in your expressions

Month Start

= Date(MonthStart(SalesDate)+26)

Month End

=Date(MonthEnd(SalesDate),'YYYY/MM') & '/28'

Good luck,

Sasi