Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Decrypt data load from SQL Server 2008.

I have data load from SQL Server 2008 and encrypted previously with AES 256. I have key and certificate. Could someone help me with a AES 256 decrypt function.?. Exist something like that?. It isn't a Qlikview Expressor environment.

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Was the data encrypted using T-SQL? Then you can decrypt it in your SQL statements (T-SQL supports AES encryption/decryption using symmetric keys or certificates).

If you want to do this in QlikView, you'll have to write a macro function which won't be terribly efficient...

Not applicable
Author

They are using EncryptByKey. I don't have idea about how to do decrypting. If someone have a macro or documentation about how to do that pleas appreciate.your help.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is a corresponding T-SQL function called DecryptByKey.

But I think you're asking this in the wrong forum. Better post your question in one of the many SQL Server forums.

Not applicable
Author

More info on DecryptByKey: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181860.aspx

Can we send a "Open (...)" command to the SQL Server, before the "Select" statement?

marychen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, you can send a OPEN command to the SQL server before SELECT statement. You'll need to add CLOSE command after the SELECT statement.