Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iahmadmca1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Desing data model

Team,

I Try to reduce the synthetic key from QlikView data model but i have doubt in this. could your please help me to do this.i am sharing the simple data model which I am using in QlikView.

Datamodel.jpg

Please suggest me to resolve this.

Thanks,

Irshad Ahmad

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Either use Join for your Fact and Audit table or replace all field names into new. I meant to say, The field names are simply to change some thins new which is not related to Audit table or Fact table, I would say?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
iahmadmca1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thaks Anil.

Using the PCAD job number how can I map the record because PCAD job number is using Multiple tables in this data model.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Don't disturb that field because this model has foreign key the same where you want to show. Rather doing in your way keep it that field as primary key and change the remaining fields into new one then check how data model looks like

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
iahmadmca1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

in this dashboard existing data model, all ready is there I am going to add here audit table. while adding the audit table it is generating a synthetic key

iahmadmca1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Anil could you please write the sample which you are suggesting me.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

there are must be possible solutions,

1) If you don't want to disturb the DM then you can use NoConcatenate which i don't prefer to use

2) Make sure that key fields are named the same in the tables you want to link.

3) Make sure that no other fields are named the same

4) Make sure that you don't have unnecessary keys. (Example: If you link on Date, you should not have Month as key also)

5) Finally, Synthetic keys are not good wither you used forcibly

6) Finally, I would say you can create Link table for them even though existing Data model where you expert in DM

FYI, you need example may be check from anand response How to avoid synthetic key??

iahmadmca1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Anil.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

NP, Please close this thread by flag helpful and Correct answer. That may useful for next land-up customers

qlikcheepirishe
Creator
Creator

Hello Irshad,

if possible can you please share the QVD's of the same