Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shinnickr
Creator II
Creator II

Desktop QlikView File Spiking CPU and Memory

Hi there,

I have a desktop QVW file that when opened causes the CPU and memory usage both to spike to 100%. I am working from home and remoting in to a physical PC and when opening the application it causes everything to freeze/lock up and requires a hard reboot to fix. I can open the file without data and it opens just fine, I can then reload the application manually and move around the application as normal (albeit very slowly) but when opening the application with data it causes the CPU and memory spikes. The application is 588MB, smaller than others we have that do not cause this problem. The largest we have is 1.5GB and while it is on the slower side to open, does not cause the spikes seen in the app causing the problems. I have had others on my team open the application and it causes the same issues for them so I know it's not just my machine. The application opens and works just fine when accessed through the Access Point so it is a QVW document problem and not a server problem.

PC specs:

Processor: i7-6700 @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs)

Memory: 32GB

Any help would be appreciated! If there's any extra pieces of information that might help I'm happy to answer any questions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

I would also downloading Document analyzer and running your QVW through it. It will help provide design suggestions that could optimize your dashboard all the way around!

https://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/document-analyzer/

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mfchmielowski
Creator II
Creator II

Hi.

The first thing i would check is the data model. Maybe you have two tables not joined with relation and some chart that use columns from both tables. On the server you may have more memory and faster cpu so you dont feel this as much as on local machines.

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

I would also downloading Document analyzer and running your QVW through it. It will help provide design suggestions that could optimize your dashboard all the way around!

https://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/document-analyzer/

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
shinnickr
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I wish I could mark both of your answers as correct, because once I downloaded the Document Analyzer and ran my application through it I did discover that one of the tables was causing the issues and I've begun working on restructuring it.

Thank you very much!!