Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Detail performance question

Hi,

I know that, generally speaking, nested IF_clauses are resource-heavy.

In most of my charts, the user can use a button to switch between the dimensions

- "day" (in which case a full workweek (Mo-Sat) is shown in the chart, but of course only the data that is already available)

- "month" (in which case all twelve months are shown, but data only for those where there is any data)

=> The colour of my expressions is always set by those formula_properties (that appear when you click on the x next to a formula_name), not on the "design" tab - that's an internal standard to help keep things uniform and easier to maintain.

=> Sometimes, I want to set this background colour like this:

- If dimension is "day", then the day_before_today should be red, the rest should be grey (both are CI-colours)

- If dimension is "month", then the current month should be red, the rest should be grey (the same colours)

I know how to write that, it's not hard, but I wonder how this would work out from a performance point_of_view.

Has anyone actually tested it and can advise me what is the best way to write this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi DataNibbler,

I had a similar issue, user had an option to select week and month, initially I gave the if function in the table to change background colour but later has the data increase performance was the issue.

So I created if function in the script and called that variable in table then performance was better and minimize the chart so user select week or month and then the table opens.

With above step till now there is no issue in the performance.

Try different options and check the performance, Thanks

Regards,

NR

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Nagaraj,

thanks!

Sure, putting the entire expression in a variable is an option.

I will try.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: In fact, that is excellent. Also, I'm now going to download that "Qlikview Governance Dashboard" - that is, among others, an excellent way of monitoring general performance and identifying the apps where anything can be enhanced.