Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different behaviour then described in tutorial

Hello, I have just installed QlikView, and started tutorial. I observe different behaviour in the file tutorial.qvw then described in the tutorial document. Namely, while tutorial document says:error loading image:

I see this:

error loading image

Why is that? And what should I change to reflect behaviour described in tutorial document?

Thank you,

bartek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It looks like your are accessing the document using a Server and an AJAX client and not via the Desktop installed client. Your second picture looks like the AJAX client dialog box.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It looks like your are accessing the document using a Server and an AJAX client and not via the Desktop installed client. Your second picture looks like the AJAX client dialog box.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

thanks for reply. I just do: File -> Open and choose the file Tutorial.qvw from the hard disk. When I open another file (for example SampleApplication.qvw) it behaves "normaly", also when I create a new file it looks OK.

After some investigation it looks to me like document property: Settings -> Document properties -> General -> "Use AJAX mode in layout (beta)"

After unchecking it, closing and reopening the file Tutorial.qvw everything is like described in tutorial document.

Thank you,

bartek

Not applicable
Author

Thank goodness.

When I contacted one of their distributers they said "it was saved with no web footprint" and once saved like that, can't be changed. So I have put up with doing th tutorial and having to work out where in the basic dialog boxes things it was telling me to click were. Very annoying. After several chapters had a look online and after all that, it was one b****y checkbox!!!

Thankyou VERY MUCH!!

Community Browser