Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
its_anandrjs

Dimension Problem in line chart

I have ploblem to show dimeinsions In this axis i want Months in axis. I attached my qvw file so please help for that.

Regards

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If I understand you and your sample correctly, you want to use two dimensions (i.e. Que and Month) on two axis and show a value depending on the two dimensions (i.e. count of something) in the intersection of the two dimension in the chart area.

Unfortunately, most of the chart types takes dimension(s) on only one axis, the other one will be used to representate the expressions value.

Bar and line chart are of that kind.

A Bubble chart is one of the examples, where you can span the chart with dimensions on both axis, the value is representated with bubble size.

There are of course other possibilities to use multiple dimensions in one chart, in your upper chart, if you would have data for more than one months shown, you would get multiple bars per Que (grouped or stacked) or multiple lines in line chart. But x-axis would still be indicating the value of counts (x-axis, because you rotated the graph to horizontal in design tab).

I think you need to re-think how you would like your data to be presented.

In your lower chart, you ask for changig to line chart and showing values. As said, this is not possible with line chart and spanning the axis by dimensions.

If it would be possible, what would you expect? I would expect a straight horizontal (or vertical?) line per Que (or month?)  and values for each intersection of the two dimensions. The lines would not give much of extra information, right?

Then you could change the chart also to a pivot table, which also allows dimensions on both axis and values in the intersection like a bubble chart.

Hope this helps,

Stefan