Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmsoares
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Dimension filter in Nested Set Analysis

Dear fellow Qlikview users,

I'm working with a database with data from several hospitals (units) and i'm trying to build a pivot table to show the invoiced amount that belongs to the new patients.

In my data model, I have a flag (NewUnitClient) that holds 1 in the first time the client has an activity on that unit and 0 in all other times.

For that reason, i had to put the <NewUnitClient={1}> in a nested set analysis to return the total invoiced amount made by all the patients that were marked as new, otherwise i would only return the sum of invoiced amount of the first appointments.

sum(

{$<

Patient_ID={"=count({$<NewUnitClient={1}>} DISTINCT Patient_ID)>0"}

>}

#Invoiced)

This expression works fine when i'm trying to return the total amount considering all the units or if i only select one of them each time.

However, when i build a pivot table with this expression and the units as dimensions, i'm getting wrong values.

I've noticed that the dimension (units) doesn't filter my nested set analysis. So, the values i obtain in the pivot table are the sum of invoiced amount (for each unit) of all my new clients. For example:

sum(

{$<

Unit={'CentralHospital'},

Patient_ID={"=count({$<NewUnitClient={1}>} DISTINCT Patient_ID)>0"}

>}

#Invoiced)

But what i really want is the sum of invoiced amount (for each unit) of the new clients of that unit. For example:

sum(

{$<

Unit={'CentralHospital'},

Patient_ID={"=count({$<NewUnitClient={1},Unit={'CentralHospital'}>} DISTINCT Patient_ID)>0"}

>}

#Invoiced)

Anyone has an idea of ​​how I could make this work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi Nuno, Set analysis is calculated before the rows and columns so all the dimensions applies the same set analysis , you can try with:

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(NewUnitClient), Sum(#Invoiced)), Patient_ID, Unit))

Maybe there is a better solutions for this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Nuno, Set analysis is calculated before the rows and columns so all the dimensions applies the same set analysis , you can try with:

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(NewUnitClient), Sum(#Invoiced)), Patient_ID, Unit))

Maybe there is a better solutions for this.

nmsoares
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for the tip. It works perfectly!