Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension limits not working correctly

Hi,

Please refer the sample file that I have attached.

I have two columns that are dimensions and two that are expressions.I am applying dimension limits to both the dimensions.My dimension limits should change based on the selection made in the listbox.Now if I select 10 in the listbox and sort my table based on Product, I get 10 records, which is correct; but instead, if I sort the table on Product Volume, I get 11 records. This is because the number 2411 repeats once in the Product Volume column.

I don't want this to happen. I have applied dimension limits by checking the option 'Restrict which values are displayed using the first expression' so ideally I should get the first 10 records that are the largest values in Product2 Volume.

Please provide suggestions for getting this problem solved.

Thanks,

mrunmayi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You can use "-1" for all records..

Find attachment

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

mrunmayi,

I think what you need is not the dimension limit but rather limit number of rows.  As you can see from your example, it is not always the same.  You can check "max number" on the Presentation tab, and set it to 10.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Michael. That helped me solve my problem.

The only limitation when I check 'max number' in the presentation tab is that whichever column I sort sorts the values of that column from the entire table instead of from the 'dimensionally limited' part.

That limitation can be taken care of by first sending my table to Excel and then sorting it based on the required column.

Regards,

mrunmayi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

If I use Max Number in the Presentation tab, I can show a maximum of 100 records at a time in my table.

I want an option to show All Records also, based on user selection.

Is this possible? I reaslised that I haven't shown an option greater than 100 in my sample file..my bad

Regards,

mrunmayi

Not applicable
Author

You can use "-1" for all records..

Find attachment

Not applicable
Author

Thanks karthiks, this works perfectly for me!!

mrunmayi