Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jolienjansen
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dimensions don't show in Pivot Table

Hey all,

I'm currently experimenting with my first Qlikview dashboard. I'm trying to create a pivot table that aggregates based on 1 dimension. 

What I want my table to look like is:

CategoryAmount
Broom430
Laptop84
Teddy201

However, qlikview doesn't seem to recognise the dimension in my original table. When I try to create the pivot table that I want I'm getting this:

CategoryAmount

For the data I have loaded an xlsx table into qlikview, and I am using that to build my pivot table. Am I missing something? Maybe I have to specifically tell qlikview what the dimensions are? 

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes, Jolien

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Just to debug where actually your problem is, you take Category as filter in your sheet and check if all your data is available. Once this is done try to design a simple table with a simple expression and category as dimension

View solution in original post

2 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Just to debug where actually your problem is, you take Category as filter in your sheet and check if all your data is available. Once this is done try to design a simple table with a simple expression and category as dimension

jolienjansen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This was a good idea, this made me find out that my tables aren't joined correctly (both variables come from different tables. I will try to solve the joining problem now 🙂 Thanks for the help!