Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Direct Discovery - QlikView

Hi Friends,

My requirement to have real time reports i.e. my reports should be connected with database, and show the results in real time. Forum I get to know the best to tackle this situation is to use Direct Discovery feature.

But I found plenty of challenges. Did any one used it?

DIRECT QUERY

DIMENSION

"party_id",agent_name, "role_display_name"

MEASURE

"role_end_date"

FROM  XXXX.dbo.XXX;

I am displaying above records in table box, but I am unable to export it to excel because role_end_date is used measure, is there any way I can export the measure column as well.

Thanks

Arindam

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Any pointers guys?

avinashelite

Hi Arindam,

Since your making it as measure, the data will not come into Qlikview i.e in-memory. It will be fetched directly from DB so you cannot export it!!!! make it as Dimension then only you can.

Regards,

@vi

Not applicable
Author

HI Avinash,

You are correct, and I understand if I make it as dimension, problem will resolve.

But there are certain columns which have to be in measure, and requirement to have them in exported excel. When I did a print I see all my columns (including measure column as well), but export not working.

Is there any way to sort it via writing some Macro?

Thanks

Arindam

avinashelite

Hi Arindam,

Macro will cause performance issue, ok to resolve your problem do one thing load your column in both Dimension and measure like below:

DIRECT QUERY

DIMENSION

"party_id",agent_name, "role_display_name", "role_end_date" as Role_date

MEASURE

"role_end_date"

FROM  XXXX.dbo.XXX;

Hope this may help you.

Regards,

@vi

Not applicable
Author

Okay, good idea let me check, I will revert Avinash.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

If I do the way you suggested, then in my table box, I need to show --> "role_end_date" as Role_date (dimension) right?

The reason I used "role_end_date" (measure) in table box is to get the data directly from data source.

So if I use the dimension in my table box it will export fine, but data will be coming from memory not from direct data source.

Let me know if you agree?

Thanks

Arindam

avinashelite

Hi Arindam,

Yes, your correct.

Not applicable
Author

Then Avinash, I am in same track again

Let me see if there anyway to track this. Please let me know if you come across any other alternates?

Thanks

Arindam

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You know i couldn't find anywhere in the documentation that said its normal that the excel export feature should be disabled on table boxes when measures are included so i logged the issue  with customer support.  We'll see if R&D deem it to be a bug. I'll repost if/when i hear something back. It could just be a bug but we'll see.