Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Disable Hidden Script in menu

Hi,

When I want to create hidden script, it's option or (edit hidden script) is disabled.

how can i do to enable it?

Thanks in Advanced

14 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You create the hidden script using "Create Hidden Script" The Edit option will be enabled automatically once you have created it

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for reply.

Create hidden script and edit option  is disable too. some files have this problem (not all)'

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Are you accessing as an Admin?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I login to server and open files with Admin access.

this problem occured on some files.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you send us a screen shot of what you are seeing when in the script editor and select the File option?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Untitled.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing I can think of is that there is already a hidden script (Section Access) and your user doesn't have the correct rights.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You can log onto the server with admin rights, but still open the QV document with reduced rights. The rights inside the QV document are determined by section access (typically in the hidden script!) and are unrelated to your AD admin rights.

I think Bill is right, you have reduced rights due to section access.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi All,

I have a customer with same problem.

He is trying to edit the hidden script on a QVW created with version 9. When this QVW is opened with Qlikview 11, the hidden script options are disabled.

Curious behavior because no section access is defined inside the script.

Any clue ?

Best Regards,

Pablo Labbe Ibaceta

Vision Gestão & Tecnologia

www.visiongi.com.br