Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display HTML/Other Doc as Help - *** While Using IE Plugin ***

Hi,

I've created user documentation for a number of QV reports, and saved these as single-file HTML, my aim being to have a 'Report' sheet and a 'Help' sheet with some form of browser area on it displaying the HTML.

I've used the QlikView web-viewing extension but the problem is that it only works in AJAX and not in the IE Plugin.  I have to use the IE Plugin because some of my reports have quite a few columns and a bug in the AJAX view means that these reports don't operate correctly.  (Plus, the Plugin view of documents is a lot nicer!)

By adding a button I can display the help text by launching the document as a URL and starting a new browser, but I'd prefer to have separate tabs on my report with the documentation pertinent to the current report embedded in the current report.

I'm happy to convert the Word docs to HTML, RTF, PDF, Moonbeams - as long as I can have some nicely formatted help text available within a document using the IE Plugin.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It should be possible by adding an extra frame to the right of the frame that hosts the IE-plugin. Have a look at this thread where I gave a solution for this to add a browse-back button in HTML. This could be changed slightly to give you the option of getting a help button which widens the right frame so you could display help there...

Have a look here: Re: Macro to simulate browser back-button

Not applicable
Author

Mmmm - nice one Peter, thank you.

However, my reports are just a few amongst many so I can't go making changes that will affect all users of the server and all documents.  Your approach would also mean I'd lose a small slice of screen too, which would probably not go down well.

I think I might just have to go for the option of launching a new browser window directed at the help files.

I do like your solution though, a resizing split between the document pane and a help pane would look great, and I look forward to making use of it in the future and taking all the credit.