Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Display Months When No Data Present

I should think this would be easy but I can't figure it out. If you look at the attached screenshot you'll see that I've got a simple data set of customer sales by month. All I want is to have the chart always show twelve months in the axis, even if the selected customer has no sales in some months.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brian, It's due to the calculated dimension. It's actually showing "all" values as the values for the dimension are the ones available at the moment in the field Fiscal_Date_Period.

Create this dimension on the script side already and you should be good with Show All Values and unchecking Suppress zero-values like Oleg pointed out.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Brian,

uncheck "Suppress zero values" and "Suppress Missing" on the Presentation tab of the chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Those two properties were the first I tried. No effect.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Brian,

check that you have the missing Months as field values in a Calendar or somewhere else. Try also checking "Show All Values" , in combination with "Suppress when value is null" for the Dimension.

See attached sample

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, still isn't working. I must be missing something obvious which will, no doubt, make me feel like an idiot when someone figures it out. I'm attaching the app if you don't mind taking a look.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Brian, It's due to the calculated dimension. It's actually showing "all" values as the values for the dimension are the ones available at the moment in the field Fiscal_Date_Period.

Create this dimension on the script side already and you should be good with Show All Values and unchecking Suppress zero-values like Oleg pointed out.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That did it, thanks Johannes. I never even thought it would be that. Weird idiosyncrasy or working as designed? Who knows.