Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fgirardin
Creator
Creator

Display only specific value when using search function

Hello all,

I have a problem when using the search box for a specific document I'm working on.

The table is as follow

ITEM    OPERATION    DOCUMENT NUMBER     DATE

Each ITEM is unique

I have multiple OPERATIONS          (ORDER - SHIPPING - BILLING)

I have multiple DOCUMENT NUMBERS........ but........our system has been configured in a weird way (in my opinion) as we use only numerical code for each OPERATION. In principle it wouldn't be a problem... however, we use the same value for different OPERATION

Example:

ORDER 18/00255

SHIPPING  18/00255

These are 2 different documents, not for the same ITEM or client

When using  a standard search box, the results are most of the time a blank cell as QV doesn't know what to display

If I had to design the system, I would have added OR-18/00255 or SH-18/00255 so I could search separate documents....

I can't change that for the time being so, is there a way to search a DOCUMENT NUMBER from a specific OPERATION in a search box ?

It seems that you cannot specify a condition (Only...) in a search box

Thank you in advance for your help

Have a nice day

Fabien

3 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Bonjour,

sélectionner le type d’opération avant de faire la recherche ne résout pas le problème ?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can configure the search box to make it search only in specific fields. You could limit it to search only in the OPERATION field by choosing the option List Of Fields and adding only that field to the list.

c292259.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Thanks Gysbert