Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document Chaining-Open another qlik document on selection of a value from straight chart

Hello Team,

I have a requirement of document chaining.

I have a straight table in Qlik_Doc-A wherein i have one dimensions(Incident No.) and few expressions.

When i select Incident from the table from Qlik_Doc-A  it should open another Qlik document -Qlik_Doc-B.

I can select one or many incidents and these selections will be transferred to Qlik_Doc-B.

Now my problem is how to trigger this field selection from straight table and give it an action of Open Qlik document.

Any suggestions whether we can achieve this without macro?

Thanks

Khushboo

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert.

That open document was a place which i was missing.

Thanks

Khushboo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Whether the QV has to be licensed as it is not available on Personal Edition, and the link which you sent for Buttons, has a statement like -

"Open QlikView Document

Opens the specified document. The file extension must be included. (Not available as document and sheet trigger.) "

Because of which it is not available in Document Properties > Field Event Triggers.

Please let me know your inputs for same.

Thanks & Regards,

MK

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, the Open Qlikview Document action is not available for field event triggers. Does that answer your question?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Gysbert

I don't know why the Open Qlikview Document action is not available for field event triggers

I really need to do so , I have a straight table and i want to open another document when i click on the dimension

do you have any suggestion?

thanks a lot