Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhouck01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dual field no longer showing as text

I have a field which is [Visit Hour of Week], the string representation is Sun 00-Sat 23 and the numbers are from 1-168. I brought it into a chart as a dimension and it was working and sorting properly - displaying the days and hours in the proper numeric order.

I was in the Document settings, was trying to set [Visit Hour] to display as a timestamp but accidentally set [Visit Hour of Week] as a timestamp instead. I set it back to "Mixed" but now it will only display the numbers 1-168. I can't get it to display the text at all. It does this in all objects and I can't figure out how to get it to display as text.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

A QlikView Document Properties Number change like you made actually modifies the internal data. It drops the string representation.  To get the values back you will need to reload. 

As explanation, when you switched from "Mixed" to "Timestamp" you migrated from "dual format" to "dual behavior". See https://qlikviewcookbook.com/2017/03/dual-storage-vs-dual-behavior/

-Rob