Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Chart Selection , Hide/Unhide based on multiple selection in LIST BOX

Hello All,

I am a new user and I am doing a POC for a client using a personal edition.

I have a list box with a field id and id has 8 values:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 respectively and I have 8 charts for each. If I select then Chart1 should be displayed and rest all should be hidden and if I select 2 then Chart 2 should be displayed and rest all be hidden and so forth.

Most Importantly, if a user selects say id=1,2,3,4 then chart1,chart2,chart3 andchart4 should be displayed and rest all should be hidden, could one please help me how to do this. This is really important , Please help ASAP

I have a  personal edition and I might not be able to download and use any other Qlikview file other than the ones I create.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

One more change:

GetSelectedCount(id)>0 and Index(concat(DISTINCT id),1)

This will get you what you are looking for.

Thanks

AJ

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ronak

The getfieldselection() function will return all the selected values for field in a delimited format, that you can then manipulate and use for your Chart show / hides.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply, can you please give me an example? If I select multiple id's say id=1,2,3 then what would getfieldselections return and how to use it to display 3 corresponding charts? I have started qlikview only 3 days back

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rohan

Presonally I would do it with buttons, variables and actions.

This post by Steve Dark and link to his blog explains it well and has a sample qvw.

community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4289

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply, can you please give me an example? If I select multiple id's say id=1,2,3 then what would getfieldselections return and how to use it to display 3 corresponding charts? I have started qlikview only 3 days back

Not applicable
Author

Right Click chart > Properties > Layout > Conditional Show and then use this expression

For Table1:

Index(GetFieldSelections (Field),1)

Here Field is the one with numbers 1,2,3,...8

for Table2:

Index(GetFieldSelections (Field),2)

and

so on.

Thanks

AJ

Not applicable
Author

Hello Ajay,

Thanks so much for your reply. It really helped a lot but I still am facing an issue with this though, when I select say id={1,2,3,4,5,6} it works fine and 6 different bar charts show up but when I do it for more than 6 id's say 7 0r 8 id's then it does not work properly and I get 3 random charts. Is there any way this can be worked around or if user can be restricted to say select a maximum of 4 id's at a time and my apologies I am actually using a multi-box with id as one of the fields

Not applicable
Author

Can you attach your sample file I can take a look at it and see whats going on. It should work for any number of charts.

Edit: I take it back. It should work fine from 1 to 9 chats. So in your case it should work since you have only 8. Please attach your file if possible.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Ajay ,

Please find attached the sample file for your reference

Not applicable
Author

Also, I am using personal edition so I would not be able to use any files except the ones I create because in personal edition collaboration is not possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Ronak Jain