Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic doc cal assignment

Can I use dynamic doc cal assignment when I have set the user groups via authorisation on a document?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry, I finally got what you are up to. You want to avoid the dynamic CAL assignment mechanism to waste CALs on people that have no business in those documents.

For that you'll have to block the display of documents in the AccessPoint. You can do that by either revoking file rights or by using Section Access to restrict access permissions. A user that has no right to open a QlikView document because of Section Access restrictions won't get a CAL either.

Or if you have a Full Publisher, you can block the publication of documents to particular users, so that they will not get access to those documents. Works just the same: no access = no dynamic CAL assignment and no wasted CALs

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Dynamic Document CAL assignment can be used at all times, but the CALs will be assigned to the Windows User IDs, not to Groups.

The Users that get a Doc CAL dynamically assigned will appear with their Users ID in the list on the Doc CAL tab in QMC.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick reply Peter.

What I am trying to get to is on Access Point I only want users to see their dashboard so that they don't use up doc cals when opening other dashboards. I would like to use dynamic across all our dashboards?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There are no floating licenses in QlikView country.

If a user opens a QlikView document in the AccessPoint, he/she will consume one CAL and that license will stay assigned to that user and that particular document (for at least 24 hrs)

[Edit] I guess I missed your point entirely

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry, I finally got what you are up to. You want to avoid the dynamic CAL assignment mechanism to waste CALs on people that have no business in those documents.

For that you'll have to block the display of documents in the AccessPoint. You can do that by either revoking file rights or by using Section Access to restrict access permissions. A user that has no right to open a QlikView document because of Section Access restrictions won't get a CAL either.

Or if you have a Full Publisher, you can block the publication of documents to particular users, so that they will not get access to those documents. Works just the same: no access = no dynamic CAL assignment and no wasted CALs

Best,

Peter