Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcus_steggall
Creator
Creator

Dynamic name change from script fields, based upon user selection

Hi All,

I have a quick question, around some dynamic names i'd like to implement within ad hoc reporting.

As per my attached files

1. script - this shows you the list of dimensions and measures, available within the ad hoc reporting.

2. dashboard view - this shows you how the output looks, within the table... when the user selects year 2019.

So when the user selects the year, those headings and data will change accordingly.

My question is relating the the Measures list. How can i get these talking to the selection of Year? so instead of Revenue Current YTD, it will show Revenue 2019 as an option to select.

Any help would be great thanks

Labels (2)
3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could simply adjust the measure text during the load. If you post your script (just that in your image) as text, someone can suggest ways t do this if you are not sure.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
marcus_steggall
Creator
Creator
Author

Here is the actual text, within the script... that drives the names of the dimensions.

Not sure how you would make this dynamic, so when say someone selects 2019 in the dashboard, this would update the measure.

Thanks

Dimensions:
LOAD
INLINE [
Dimension
Client Lead Name
Client Lead Manager Name
Lead Manager Name
Department No.
Department Name
Colleague No.
Colleague Name
Client No.
Client Name
Matter No.
Fixed Fee Mapping
Matter Name
Matter Type. ];

Measures:
LOAD
INLINE [
Measures
Worked Hours Current YTD
Worked Hours Prior YTD
Revenue Current YTD
Revenue Prior YTD
Timecost Current YTD
Timecost Prior YTD
WUDs Current YTD
WUDs Prior YTD ];

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Marcus, have a Design Blog post that might give you a point in a direction, not sure how good it is, but worth a look for the concept I think.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Slowly-Changing-Dimensions/ba-p/1464187

Here is the base URL to this area in case you want to search further for things that might help:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Sorry I do not have something better, but my post will also kick things back up too, so someone may chime in with something else too given the extra info you provided.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.