Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic target calculation

Hi,

I have a requirement to calculate the targets for the current year based on last year december actuals. The calculated targets needs to be shown against the current year actuals in a pivot table.

I have written a simple set analysis for this and it is not giving me the results I am expecting.

Attached is the sample QVW with the issue I am having.

Could you please help me?

Regards,

Murali

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Like this?

Your expression should be

=SUM(TOTAL {<Period = {"Dec-2013"}>}Actuals)-(SUM(TOTAL {<Period = {"Dec-2013"}>}Actuals)*Aggr(Reduction%,Period))

Not applicable
Author

Manish..

Thanks for the quick response. It almost solved my issues but had issues when I added another column Type to both tables.

The target is calculating correctly when I select a value in the Type list box but when no value is selected it is showing blank target.

When no Type value is selected, it should pick Dec-2013 value for Type A and apply Type A reduction % + pick Dec-2013 value for Type B and apply Type B reduction %.

Attached is the sample QVW.

could you pelase help?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Like this?

UPDATE: previous reply and file both wrong...

change your expression as below..

=SUM(TOTAL <Type>{<Period = {"Dec-2013"}>}Actuals)--(SUM(TOTAL {<Period = {"Dec-2013"}>}Actuals)*Aggr(Reduction%,Period,Type))

Not applicable
Author

The issue is, I can't have Type added as a dimension in my Pivot.

Is there a way to achieve this without adding 'Type' as a dimension?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Change expression as below.... and remove Type from dimension.

IF(GetSelectedCount(Type) = 0,SUM(TOTAL {<Period = {"Dec-2013"}, Type = {'A'}>}Actuals)-SUM(TOTAL {<Period = {"Dec-2013"}, Type = {'A'}>}Actuals)*Only({<Type = {'A'}>}Reduction%),

SUM(TOTAL {<Period = {"Dec-2013"}>}Actuals)-SUM(TOTAL {<Period = {"Dec-2013"}>}Actuals)*Reduction%)

Not applicable
Author

The below are the issues I am facing with this approach...

1. We might have more than 2 distinct values under the field 'Type'.

2. Even when we have only 2 distinct values, when I use this expression with real data I have in my production version (around 15 million rows), the performance is not good.

3. I tried to calculate this during script time, but the actuals change when user apply filters on the dashboard and hence I need this target calculation to be dynamic.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please refer the attached...

When no value is selected for Division, the pivot is not showing the data. But when a value is selected is working fine.

The requirement is that it should work in both the cases.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Murali