Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit Expression : Error in expression??

Does anything stand out to anyone as to why I would be getting the error?

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

To answer your first question:

Yes, I believe it is a error highlighting bug in QV, there are some threads here in the forum covering this.

The expression seems to be ok and should work correctly.

To answer your second question:

The expression printed over the labels in your chart seems to be different from your chart expression. Please check if you have copied this shown text anywhere in your chart properties and maybe checked a check box to include this text in your graph.

If you want, you could also post a small sample app here to the forum (using advanced editor), so someone can have a look.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, it's saying 'expression ok' and so it is.

It's a bug in the error highlighting in the expression dialog.

Not applicable
Author

So QV is erroring? Not my expression?

Not applicable
Author

Capture.JPG I just can't get it to stop underlining in red..

It is also pasting in my legend on the chart.. Any idea why?

Not applicable
Author

Here is the Expressions tab in the Properties:

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Here is the Sort tab in Properties.. This is actually the expression that is popping up in the legend:

Capture.JPG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

To answer your first question:

Yes, I believe it is a error highlighting bug in QV, there are some threads here in the forum covering this.

The expression seems to be ok and should work correctly.

To answer your second question:

The expression printed over the labels in your chart seems to be different from your chart expression. Please check if you have copied this shown text anywhere in your chart properties and maybe checked a check box to include this text in your graph.

If you want, you could also post a small sample app here to the forum (using advanced editor), so someone can have a look.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ah, you are using a calculated dimension.

Set a better label name in dimension tab to get rid of the expression printed instead of a meaningful label.

Not applicable
Author

You are right about the legend expression.. sorry about that. Thank you for your help, it is now fixed