Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld online is next week! REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saradhi_it
Creator II
Creator II

Email instances count

Hi Guys

i have some requirement  its about calculate email instances based on products  there are  two scenarios

scenario1: in store i have 5 products  i want know which user was buying his first purchase  in which product i need to calculate based on the email id and parallelly what is second purchase like this

Products12345
Product181111
Product2122           -       -            -
Product3174332
Product482             -           --
Product582            -           --

the required user want to know how many purchased product1 for the first ,second,third,....etc i achieved  partially the above issue by using autonumber  but still missing for s,iome instances

Another sccerio2 is very tricky , the user want to know  the customers who bought product 1 want to know remaining transactions whether  they bought same product again or something else or didn't buy remaining products followed by remaining products

i can't provide samll output for the second scenario 2 it  was very difficult for me to create   still any doubts can ping me

Regards

Saradhi

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

How you are getting 50 ??

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
saradhi_it
Creator II
Creator II
Author

anil

as i mentioned in the post don't compare the your output with my  output  file  i just added some random numbers  its very difficult to calculate these requirement in the excel  just see the output format only not numbers

Anil_Babu_Samineni

At least, We need to know the logic behind. Let me explain here if you want to show who purchase first then expression should be this

Only({<Date = {'$(=Min(Date))'}>}Email)

But, When we talk about number at least some logic need to work on it?

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I know, This is not make sense because i simply run up with Random values

Capture.PNG

saradhi_it
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI anil

i attached sample output