This is a slightly different issue from what has been asked previously many times by many of the users.
QV Client type: Internet Explorer Plugin (using the ActiveX object)
QV Server Version: 11.20.13405.0
QV Dashboard location: Dashboard lies in a remote QV Server
I have an Excel workbook with macros in it which connects to the remote QlikView server and pulls the required data for some of our internal reporting.
Macro basically uses the C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\QvPlugin\QlikOcx.ocx Active X file to connect to the QV server and extract data underlying a particular Object ID.
One of the users when trying to run the macros gets the error "Failed to open document. You don't have access to this document."
A few quick notes:
Two other users are able to run the excel macro and extract the required data from the remote QV server successfully
- User getting the error message has the following:
- user has the C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\QvPlugin\QlikOcx.ocx installed
- user has access to the dashboard
- user is also able to view the dashboard through Internet Explorer with out any issues
- QV server mgmt team confirmed that the user has the same access levels as the other 2 users.
- But when this particular user is trying to run the macros, the error "Failed to open document. You don't have access to this document." pops up.
Any help/suggestions on this please ?
Thanks so much for all your time n help in advance…