Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aracelicv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Error: reading tables from SAS into QlikView

Hi everyone,

Does anybody help me with the follow error that appears when I try to read a table from SAS?

What does format mean?

ErrorSource: , ErrorMsg: <?xml version="1.0" ?><Exceptions><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">format $FIELD_NAME has not found or can not loaded.</SASMessage></Exception></Exceptions>

SQL SELECT

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Seems some field is not able to read by QV. Can you check if you have the data coming in you SAS with same SQL Script you are running in your QV?

aracelicv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, thanks for answer. Yes, I tried to load with and without the '*' into the sql script, however, I got the same error.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Does the same script display rows in your SAS environment ? What is the connection you are using to connect to your database?

aracelicv
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Through OLEDB whit SAS IOM Data Provider 9.42.

Yes, I can see the table in SAS, even the field is causing the error. This field is contains '-1' data, I supposed was this format but I have 3 or 4 fields more that contain the same.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hmmm Not sure might be some problem with OLEDB. Can you pull the data to a text file like a csv file then load the data into Qlikview. Is -1 a boolean value coming in the fields?