Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ErrorScript

Hello

I have an error when running a script that previously funcioned correctly. The problem ocurs when saving the file information QVD.

To identify the cause, I made use of a variable and functions: ScriptError, ScriptErrorCount and ErrorMode,... but ScriptError=1 and ScriptErrorCount=0 in the variables panel....

Can anyone  help me please???

Thanks in advance....

Leticia

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Leticia,

Start by activating the "Generate Logfile" option under Settings > Document Properties > General. This will create a log of the script run in the same folder in which the .qvw file resides.

The log file should be helpful in determining the type of problem you run into, so you could try pasting it in the thread.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks JSN 

If enabled the log that I point out, was actually the first thing we reviewed but did not detect any error ..... though not reviewed in detail line by line.

To leave the problem what was done was to store the information in another QVD and it worked ....

There a way to identify when a file is locked and this prevents that can not be overridden??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Was it in use by anyone else at the time? Are you running any monitoring style anti-virus or backup software that keeps an eye on those files? Don't think there's an easy way to monitor if files currently have locks on them in windows (without putting another lock on it while reading the status )

prieper
Master II
Master II

Without having checked, but should work to rename the qvd and then check, whether the file still exists. If yes - it is locked.

HTH
Peter

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That sometimes happens to me and either restarting the server (if there's were the file was) or closing QlikView (if developing offline) usually solves the problem.

In some cases, in addition to any of the previous, deleting the file and re-creating it.

Hope that helps

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel Angel

Thanks for your tips ... I will take this into account when this mistake again...

Greetings,