Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Event Viewer warning message

We have several QlikView applications that are secured using a security group. Security is not controlled using Section Access. Periodically, we are receiving the warning message 'The document xxxxx failed to load because of no file access [19]'. Can someone please explain what is causing this message. Also, will it prevent a user from accessing the application. Thank you.

8 Replies
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem today... I'm able to access the file, but another user has called me because they don't have access. Just an explanation of the error message would be groovy.

Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Hi guys,

This warning tells me that the users are coming in anonymously via the webserver while the QVS doesn't allow anonymous access.
It could also be a problem where the anonymous account hasn't been created.
Are you using IIS or the QlikView WebServer?

Regards,

Gustav

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Gustav.

We are using IIS and are currently running on QV 7.52.

Regards,

John.

Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

Hi John,

Check the event log file for QlikView Server and see if you have warnings or errors.

Are you sure that the user trying to access the file has NT permissions to the file?

Regards,

Gustav

john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Gustav.

I checked the QlikView Server event log file and there were no warnings or errors.

The user who was trying to access the application does have NT permissions to the file. Since I see the same warning message for several of our secured applications and this was the first user to report not being able to access an application, I am suspecting that he may have been using a different id to access the application. I am going to monitor this particular application and follow up with users when the warning occurs.

Thank you very much for your help with this issue.

Regards,

John.

Gustav_Guldberg
Employee
Employee

John,

Is your IIS locked down (virtual folders set to "Windows Integrated Authentication and anonymous access "un-ticked")?

The issue I see is that you are running 7.52.x which has been unsupported as of November 2009 (6 month grace period after the release of 9).
What you can do is to enable "Extended Error Logging-mode" (use the easter egg from the "help"-menu and right click the "Q"-icon) on the client (Plugin) then try to access the application using the Plugin. When the attempt has been done you should see a log file in the documents directory on the client machine showing the connection attempt.

Regards,

Gustav

Not applicable

We have this same error message. We are on V9 .7320 and use QVWeb.

Any ideas?

Not applicable

Me too. I´m using AJAX, and the document loads, but when I click in other sheet, the message "Lost Connection..." appears and the "... can´t access this document." In log, the description is "The document.qvw failed to load because of no file access [19].".

Using Qv9 SR1 / Windows 2008 Enterprise 64bits.