Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simongoodman
Creator
Creator

Excel, CrossTables

I have an excel document as the data source with a number of sheets each setting several blocs of data horizontally. So I have been using the Transformation and CrossTable to prepare data for Qlikview.

My first problem or question is there a way of importing textboxes?

My second relates to dates. Sorry if this seems both simple to resolve and obvious. Each sheet has month fields e.g. Jan-12. I have used Load * to take account of new monthly related data and QV shows them as numbers. I have unsuccessfully tried various formatting solutions in the document. Is there a script solution or do I need an expression in each table/chart?

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

There is no way to import textboxes.

If your month fields are strings you should be able to make dates from them using the date# function.

date#(MyField,'MMM-YY') as MyDate. That will turn a string Jan-12 into the date January 1st, 2012 (with numeric value 40909).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
simongoodman
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, I had tried a few variations, the problem turns out to be CrossTable transforms strings into text and this was not obvious. I had to create a second LOAD that converted text to numeric then apply Date.