Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exclude Null in Set Analysis

Hi,

I have two tables where the chart is driven by the field from a table which does not have data at all. In such an instance, the chart lists all the records excluding the condition on the Set Analysis.

Could anyone help to handle this

Attached sample qlikview document to demonstrate the issue

Regards,

Raj

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Something like in the attach?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In the chart properties > Dimensions tab > click on the dimension of which you don't want to show nulls and check > Suppress When Value Is Null

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

am not sure

try to check the option in dimension tab

for the dimension Dept  

supress when value is nullsup.PNG

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Tick Suppress When Value is Null for Dimensions which you don't need to show having null values ...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response.

Dept field that is used in the Set analysis (that does not have any data) does not appear in dimensions. Dept was added to the sample to enable the visibility on data, looks like it has caused confusion. Apologies for that. Could you please advise considering that this field is not used under dimensions.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

By definition, set analysis is used to either explicitly include values or exclude values. In both cases, nulls are out of the picture, because a null value cannot be selected in QlikView.

So if you are using a set modifier like "{< Date = {">=Today()"} >}" that will display in the chart values for which there is an associated dimension "Date" with values higher than today. If the dimension does not have any data (value is null) it will not show up anyway.

If you are experiencing something else, please do share as I'm not sure if I'm following you on your request.

daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Something like in the attach?