Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shonarach
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exclude a field if it is equal to itself

I am trying to create a dashboard to report of HR issues

I have it linked to a database that has a lot of historical data. It can be updated at any time and saves all the records.

In my dashboard I have already overcome the problem of dates by telling my code to count the max date ...using the following

=max(MonthEnd(CommonDateMonth))

My problem is that I am counting everything. If an employee is employed they have a flag and if they have resigned they have a flag.

I want my code to be able to read where a 'uniquefield' (Made up of FirstName, LastName, ID_Number) is in both fields .. ie they have been employed and have now resigned then flag it as resigned otherwise they are a current employee.

I have already tried

PreceedingLoad::
Load*
If([uniquefield] = [uniquefield]  and CurrentEmployee = 'Resigned' and 'Employee', 'NoLongerEmployed', 'Okay') as Emp
;

//*****************Normal Load **************

Load*

,If([End Date] < Today(), 'Resigned', 'Employee') as CurrentEmployee

//********************* SQL DB**********************

SQL SELECT *
FROM `.......................................`;

but it is not calculating the second part it is just telling me they are all 'Okay'

I hope this is clear.

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

How can CurrentEmployee be Resigned and Employee at the same time in a single row?

,If([uniquefield] = [uniquefield]  and CurrentEmployee = 'Resigned' and 'Employee', 'NoLongerEmployed', 'Okay') as Emp

shonarach
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You are correct they are actual on different lines when I look at the straight table

Would there be a way of excluding them if they are on different lines?

sunny_talwar

Would it be possible to share few rows of dummy data to show how your data looks? I am not sure I understand your first condition where you are checking UniqueField = UniqueField. I might be missing something here and would be able to provide a better solution if I have a look at the dummy data with the expected output here