Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolocamerini
Partner - Contributor III

Expansion Icons disappearing when image is used as a Dimension

Good morning (at least here in Italy is 9:30 am) everybody!

I'm having an annoying issue with the access point:

whenever I use an image as Dimension in a pivot table (in my application I use a "smoking" "no smoking" .jpeg to distinguish areas in venues) everything works fine as long as I use the PC client. But when people access through the Access Point they report me that they see no expansion icon therefore they cannot expand or collapse the further/previous Dimensions.

Same happens in webview.

Images are bundled as info, however they doesn't work even in the simple image form.

Anyone experienced the same and found a workaround?

Here I attach an image to show the issue.

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Does a right-click on this dimension and choosing the collapse/expand-feature from the context-menu work?

- Marcus

paolocamerini
Author

Yes but I find that to be less practical and, moreover, the report has to be optimised for mobile users and it would be really hard with a small device to open a shell to collapse and expand

marcus_sommer

Ok. in general the feature of collapsing/expanding is available and worked. I think this meant that the Z-level of the icon and from the image has a different order within the access point and it might be changeable with an extension (I don't know if there are already extensions for a pivot which then could be used for adjusting the css for it).

But I'm not sure if it's a big difference from a small device then hitting the small icon will be also quite difficult.

- Marcus

santhosh_k_n
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Paolo,

Try opening the report in IE client rather than in AJAX client.

hope this helps.

BR,

SK

paolocamerini
Author

Basically this issue can be addressed to the layer of the expand/collapse icons?

paolocamerini
Author

This solves the issue, however with Apple or Android devices it won't work...

marcus_sommer

I think the icons will be there and will be overlaid from the picture. To be sure you might need to have a look on the source-code from the website (in firefox ctrl + u) - whereby if I look on one I see only javascript.

Another method to check if the icons are there will be to set the picture for a testing to full transpareny.

- Marcus